CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 16, 2009

"...for a wedding that I don't even want to have..."

I try very hard to take into account That Dude's opinions when it comes to the wedding planning process. At the same time, I know that there are just some things that he's not going to care all that much about.

That Dude really just wants to have an intimate get together with our nearest and dearest. I on the other hand can't seem to get my guest list down to under 200 people. Despite our differing opinions on this, we've been able to slowly tread through this process without too many issues. All of that changed today when he found himself so frustrated that he said, "We shouldn't have to go through all of this for a wedding that I don't even want to have!" EXCUSE ME?! OK, now let me say that I know what he meant by that and that he immediately apologized because he knew how terrible that statement sounded, but the damage was pretty much done.

Do I doubt for even a second that he loves me dearly and wants to marry me? Nope. I know that it's not marriage that is bringing out this crankiness, but the actual WEDDING, and all of the planning that comes along with the wedding, but still and all, words hurt... and sometimes a lot. And today was one of those times.

We're going to a bridal expo tonight with my mother, grandmother and aunt and I'm beginning to wonder why I even invited him. Oh! I remember, because he's the GROOM! Ugh... I just have so much going on at work right now that arguing about the wedding is the LAST thing I want to be doing. I hope it turns around for the better, or at least that the night goes quickly.




No comments: