CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 14, 2008

My New Addiction...

It started with one that I checked out once in awhile... Then it became a daily habit... One daily turned into two, and then quickly multiplied... As more and more were added to my daily regimine, I started doing it at home, work, and anywhere else if I had a free moment...

I CAN'T STOP READING BLOGS!!

It really is starting to get ridiculous now. Google Reader has only made things worse. And a Windows Mobile Phone? Forget it! I can't get enough!

Funny enough I've been blogging for about 1 1/2-2 years at this point, but I didn't really spend any time reading other people's writings, and my (original) blog has always been private, serving more as an online diary. About 6 months ago though, I found a wedding based blog and I'd check it out for ideas (both for my eventual wedding as well as for my possible business (I'll explain this another time.) I added the feed to my Outlook at work, but I'd still have to get onto the site to read from home and I still had the issue of saving and categorizing articles. THEN... my good friend Google Reader came into my life. I now read about 20+ posts from various bloggers, daily (I'm subscribed to a bunch of photography blogs, so many of these posts don't involve much reading, but give me amazing ideas for pictures!) and the list is sure to grow. You just don't understand (or maybe you do) but there are blogs that touch on any and every topic you can imagine, and while I might seem strange for reading people's personal writings (especially when I don't know most of these people) I'll say that there is something very comforting about reading very down to earth stories about families, something that moves me in political blogs, something inspirational about both the photography and the Christian blogs.. I hope you get he point.

So there you have it. It was my little secret, but I've finally come clean. I feel MUCH better now!




No comments: