CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Goals For 2009

Like many people I know, I don't usually make New Years resolutions. As a rule, I feel like it's just a way to set yourself up for failure and disappointment. At my staff meeting on Tuesday though, my director asked that we make some resolutions for our work year. He also asked that we set specific parameters of time for these resolutions.

I've been thinking about it a lot and I in the end, I decided to set a few specific goals (and due dates) for 2009.

First, I'd like to work on cleaning and organization. Most of this will simply be things like my room and the files on my computer. I'd like to have most (if not all) of this done by the end of February.

Next, I've been thinking about my social highs and lows over the last few years and I see that I've gone between two extremes: 1. Times when I'm overdoing it by doing too much and 2. Times when I'm not doing much of anything. The last few months have been at the second end of the spectrum and I don't like it! I'm back in school this semester, so I don't want to get to the other extreme, but I definitely need some more social interaction or I'm going to lose my mind! The first goal is to spend time with friends at least once a week. The second goal is to make contact with at least two friends (not counting the few that I speak to almost daily) each week. I plan to start this immediately, and hope to have a steady pattern worked up by March or April (I'm realistic about this taking some time.)

Third on my agenda is my relationship with myself. While I was celebrating my season of singleness two years ago, I got to spend lots of time doing my own thing and getting to know myself, but sometimes I feel like I gave that up when I got back together with T. Well, that's just UNACCEPTABLE! Before I can be a good anything (girlfriend, student, employee, daughter, sister, etc) I need to feed and fuel myself. Dinner and a movie for one anyone? I'll take it! This should be fully implemented by June, although I expect some dips in true free time around finals time.

I'd also like to set some goals concerning tithes and giving time, but until I have the wording perfected, I'll keep working on it.

Anybody else setting goals instead of resolutions this year?


1 comment:

me said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog about your favorite "M" things. Now I give you the letter C :)