CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 2, 2009

It Was Already On My Mind...

I think a good place to begin is with a Facebook note that I wrote last year:

Sunday, October 26, 2008 at 4:41pm

(Title)Things are slowly moving quickly...?

Time is something that I've been thinking about a lot lately. It seems that while there's so much time ahead of me, I'm beginning to wonder where the time has flown for the last 25 years. I think about where I expected to be by age 25 and realize that I'm far from the goals that I had set for myself even 1 or 2 years ago. Am I just being frivolous with time? Should I be putting my foot down and setting some more realistic goals - and then actually attaining them? Or should I stop thinking so much about what's to come and just live a more 'carpe diem' kind of life?

I was recently reminded by someone MUCH smarter than me, that 25 is one of those weird, in-between, hard-to-figure-out ages, cuz you are constantly being reminded that there's so much life left to live, and how little you have to worry about (sorry, does ANYONE over age 30 remember what 25 was really like?), but you're also bombarded with reminders that you're an adult and need to act as such. At this point, I just want everyone to come to a consensus cuz you're confusing the hell out of me and I just can't take it anymore!

Anyone else out there having a quarter-life crisis?




No comments: