CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Grown (Up) Relationship...

Ask a random group of teenagers today, "What makes a relationship a mature adult relationship?", and I'm sure at least some of them will answer with one word: SEX. I feel differently though. I feel that I had one of the most mature conversations with that dude recently. It wasn't an easy subject to bring up in conversation, but we sat down and discussed the fact that we do not want this relationship to get physical. If you've read my previous posts, you know that I wasn't having sex in my last relationship either, so this conversation may seem like it should've been an easy one for me. The truth though is that we were abstaining by my choice only. This fact became more apparent with each day that passed. Eventually the passive aggressiveness turned into hurtful words every time I'd refuse to even discuss sex as an option. I felt like I was making a good decision, but I began to wonder if t was even worth it. Thank goodness, I chose to turn to The Word for advice instead giving into the pressure. Once I was strengthened in the Lord, it really was smooth sailing like never before.

Fast forward to That Dude and I. I wasn't even sure how to begin, but once I started, I was able to get all of my feelings out and a good explanation of, why it was a good idea to wait. When I was done, I got an answer that I definitely wasn't prepared for, "Good, because I was thinking the same thing. I think it's important that we wait." WHAT?! I don't have to put together a PowerPoint presentation? I don't have to justify it? I don' have to answer a million questions? This all seemed too easy! We've discussed it further after the initial conversation and we're honest with each other that it won't always be the easiest to follow through on, but it will ALWAYS be worth it!



No comments: